sabotlours: (Default)
[personal profile] sabotlours

My last post like this was only 3 months ago, but the spring lineup this year was pretty solid.  Like I mentioned in my last post, I watch a few of the late night shows.  They usually get some star that I have not heard of schleping their new TV show, and some time the shows actually sound interesting, sp I'll give the show a watch.  Many times the show has been on for years and I'm just now hearing about it.


"The Madison" — Paramount  I think the producers of "Yellowstone" really liked Montana, so they came up with a new story which is another take on "fish out of water."  A wealthy New York City family discovers the beauty of a more relaxed and simple life.  It is a bit contrived to have the young daughter instantky fall in love with the handsome rugged sheriff, bit the overall plot is pretty sweet.  


"The Comeback" -HBO  Jenifer Aniston plays a meta character of an actress who hut it big in the 90s (*cough* "Friends" *cough*) and now struggles to regain and keep relevance in the new always shifting media market.  Her desire for popularity is wonderfully cringe.


"DTF: St Louis" -HBO  It;s a murder mystery wrapped around sexual perversion centered around a hook-up site which stands for "down to fuck."  It has great character development with Jason Bateman at the center.  The story unfolds where nothing is as simple as it seems.



"Rooster" — HBO  Steve Carell plays a successful author who takes a teaching position at a college to be close to his professor daughter whose life is a mess.  It works best when boomer Carell has to interact with Gen Z students.


"Shrinking" — Apple  It's a modern-day "Friends" where a group of friends help each other get through their mental struggles based around a psychology office run by Harrison Ford.  The closeness of the group was pretty cringe to me, probably because I never had a circle of friends like this which seem to be constantly involved in each others' lives.  The storied are cute and sometimes moving which makes the show watchable.


"Ted Lasso" — Apple  Iheard so much positive buzz about this show I had to give it a watch.  I was expecting a traditional "fish out of water" story about an American football coach suddenly coaching soccer, but it turned into something much more as it developed the stories around other characters.  One might question the title since it was about so much more than the coach.  It nicely wrapped up after 3 seasons.


"Severance" — Apple  The plot seemed weird, but it works.  What is you could totally separate your work self from your home self?  It's playing out as "Office Space" meets "Twin Peaks."


"Mating Season" — Netflix  As furry as it gets!  Anthro critters look to find love.  You have a loser bear, a DTF raccoon, a lesbian fox, and an unsure doe.  The bear's parents want to spice things up with role play as humans.  "Why not?  Humans role play as animals and have sex.  They're called furries!"


"The Pitt" — HBO  Probably the best show on TV.  Each episode leaves you emotionally spent.  Since it's based on an ER in Pittsburgh, they actually worked in an Anthrocon story this season with a fursuiter with heat exhaustion.


Continuing stories:


"south Park"- Paramount  Stone and Parker go all in on Trump this season.  Mr Garrison is no longer a surrogate for Trump.  Trump is portrayed as himself the way that Saddam was presented.  And like Hussein, he's fucking Satan.  JD Vance as Tattoo is perfect.


"The Boys" — Amazon   I think this is the last season of the show where superheroes are all scarred and perverted with Homelander leading the pack as Superman with the ego/narcissism of Trump.  The storylines are too close for comfort.


"Hacks" — HBO  The series just wrapped up with a nice happy ending about the friendship between a boomer comedienne and her millennial writer.  Agood story arc that finished on a high note.


The only sour note has been "Foundation (Apple) that I mentioned in my last post.  The story drifted from the Asimov classic, but I resigned myself to watch because it was good science fiction. Nah.  It wasn't even that.  I gave up halfway through.


Profile

sabotlours: (Default)
sabotlours

May 2026

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
1011 1213141516
17181920212223
242526 272829 30
31      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 5th, 2026 05:42 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios